Friday, October 2, 2009

Wedding planning


My boyfriend - i guess i should call him my fiance and i just got engaged on September 20t 2009 at eagle lake at Lake Tahoe. It was very exciting and yes was surprised and a blubbering mess.
After he proposed and i was blowing snot bubbles out of my nose like a Chihuly Chandler i realized how extremely nervous i was.
I wasn't nervous about my future
I wasn't nervous about the wedding
I was nervous about planning the wedding

with my mom.

Where do you even begin ...how do you know what format to make the excel spread sheet in for your guests
how many people is to many
how soon after we are engaged do we have to start planning
Do we get engagement photos
who hosts the engagement party
what do you do if your parents are divorced
why cant i have two photographers
where do we have it
when do we have it
How much is to much
A rabbi or a friend
Since the wedding will be sometime in the fall do i have to use fall colors


it makes me want to pluck my eyelashes out

2 comments:

  1. It can be whatever you want and it will be wonderful!
    I would start with figuring out how much money you want to spend, finding out if anyone wants to help you out with $$, then figure out your priorities....do you want great photography? nice rings? smashing dress? fancy food? then the rest will just fall into place.

    For us we picked great pictures and rings. ;)
    have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PLEASE do not pluck your eyelashes out. That would totally screw up your wedding makeup. :-)

    ReplyDelete